Selling gourmet popcorn is a wonderful opportunity for units to earn funds to support their entire year of Scouting. Online sales begin August 1.
More information Unit sign up to sell popcorn
Selling online is the best way to sell to friends and family who live far away. Online sales count toward Scout rewards including great prizes and the scholarship program. Participants can send emails to friends and family asking them to purchase products online. The email includes a link allowing them to begin shopping right away. Customers can pay with a credit card, and the products are shipped directly to the customer. The advantages of online sales is that the Scout doesn't have to collect money or deliver products.
Sales will be credited to a Scout's unit and the council in his name. Every Scout must create a new account to sell online. To register your Scout, enter the Scout's date of birth, select Sam Houston Area Council and then select your district and unit. If you do not know what district or unit you belong to or if your unit is not listed, please contact your unit leader or district executive.
• Increase your unit and council income – 70% stays in the local area.
• Pay for your entire Scouting program.
• Scouts learn life lessons by “earning their own way.”
• The prize program motivates Scouts.
• There are loads of incentives – The $600 club, $1500 sellers and college scholarships.
• For additional revenue, sell online to friends and family outside of the Sam Houston Area Council service area.