July 25 or 26, 2020 | 8:00 am - 1:30 pm | Bovay Scout Ranch
August 1, 2020 | 8:00 am - 1:30 pm | Camp Brosig
Outdoor Sports Days are one-day Cub Scout events held at a council camp. Activities will include BB guns, archery, sports, and fishing. Cub Scouts can choose from one of three dates. Check-in begins at 8:00 am. Events begin at 8:45 am.
COVID-19 "At-Risk" Camp Participant Statement
The registration fee is $25 per Scout and includes a patch and water bottle. An adult must attend with every Scout. Space is limited.
July 25 (full) July 26 (full) August 1
What to Bring
- copy of BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
(Part A & B for all Scouting events) for every Scout and adult attending (all participants)
- closed-toed shoes (e.g., tennis shoes)
- water bottle
- sack lunch (eat breakfast before arriving); recommend hydrating food and avoid dehydrating foods; avoid caffeinated beverage and sugary drinks)
- arrive hydrated (drink water the night before; drink water on the way to camp)
- hand sanitizer
- backpack or day pack
- insect repellent, optional
- hat, recommended
- Scout uniform or pack t-shirt, optional
- healthy snacks, optional
- read the COVID-19 "At-Risk" Camp Participant Statement
COVID-19 "At-Risk" Camp Participant Statement
Your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is the Sam Houston Area Council’s top priority. While there is still much uncertainty regarding COVID 19, we are monitoring the information provided by health experts and government agencies to help keep
safe those who choose to come to camp this summer.
First, our council is coordinating with state and local health departments to ensure we are informed of and comply with their guidance to mitigate the risks COVID-19 being contracted at camp. Our mitigation plan includes:
- Pre-attendance education
- Health screening upon your arrival at camp conducted by our camp health officers, which will also include a temperature check.
- No visitors in camp.
- Hygiene reminders while at camp.
- Extra handwashing /sanitizer stations throughout camp.
- Dedicated staff to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and shared program equipment.
- An emergency response plan that includes an isolation and quarantine protocol should a person at camp develop symptoms of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.
These precautions are important, but these efforts cannot eliminate the potential for exposure to COVID-19 or any other illness while at camp. Experts have said that people with COVID-19 may show no signs or symptoms of illness, but can still spread the virus, and people may be contagious before their symptoms occur. The fact is that someone with COVID-19 may pass the required health screenings and be allowed into the camp.
We also know the very nature of camp makes social distancing difficult in many situations and impossible in others. Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. If you are in this group, please ensure you have approval from your health care provider prior to attending camp. Every staff member, volunteer, and Scouting family has to evaluate their unique circumstances and make an informed decision before attending camp. We hope this information will be helpful as you make that choice.
About Bovay Scout Ranch
Bovay Scout Ranch is a 1,498 acres are a natural paradise for plants and wildlife with rolling hills, lakes, campsites surrounded by native Huisache and Bois-d'arc trees and spectacular sunsets. The camp is located about 60 minutes from Katy, and is six miles south of Navasota (one mile south of TX-6 BUS N and Tx-6 N Split) on the east side of TX-6 on County Road 317. Address: 3450 County Road 317, Navasota, TX 77868.
Directions through Hempstead:
- Take Hwy 290 W through Hempstead
- From Hempstead take Hwy 6N for 16 miles
- Turn right onto County Road 317
- Travel to end of road through camp gate
Directions through Conroe:
- From Conroe take Hwy 105W for 45 miles
- Turn left onto Hwy 6 South for 3 miles
- Turn left onto County Road 317 (just past Grassy Creek)
- Travel to end of the road through camp gate.
About Camp Brosig
Camp Brosig is a 92-acre council camp, located six miles north of Sealy, TX, in Austin County. Camp Brosig is located at 1893 Trenckmann Road, Sealy, TX 77474. Take I-10 to Sealy and exit at State Highway 36. From the traffic light turn left and go 5.1 miles until you pass the intersection with Farm Road 331. Driver another .6 miles to Trenkman Road. Turn left and go 1.6 miles to Camp Brosig gate on the left. Turn in and drive to the farmhouse on the hill.
Virtual Day Camp
Cub Scouts are also encouraged to attend the virtual day camp. The virtual day camp program will include rank advancements, games, special guests, crafts and more.
Learn More About Virtual Day Camp
Covid-19 Updates Scouting at Home Rank Advancement Updates