Leadership Training Awards
As of January 1, 2010, leadership training awards (with the exception of commissioner awards) will be processed by district training chairs. Completed applications should no longer be submitted to the council office.
To apply for a training recognition award, an individual must:
- Complete a Progress Record for that award. Once signed by/approved by persons required on the Progress Record, submit the Progess Record to your District Training Chair.
- The District Training Chair will confirm all signatures and training dates, and then prepare appropriate recognition.
- If the training record is not consistent with council/district records, the training chair will contact the applicant to confirm details, to be submitted to the council to be entered in the training database.
- Approval and presentation of training recognition awards is the responsibility of the District Training Chair. Recognition (a certificate) is usually available for presentation at the next roundtable. Square knots may also be presented at the discretion of the district.
- NOTE: Commissioner awards should be presented to your district commissioner for processing.
- Unit Leader Award of Merit nominations are processed through the Director of Field Services.
If you need further guidance with the process, please contact your District Training Chair.
District training chairs should complete a Sam Houston Area Council Training Award Report on a monthly basis so that Scouters' training records can be updated in the council database. Processed award will be posted on a monthly basis on the Sam Houston Area Council web site.
Trained leaders have the knowledge and self-confidence needed to provide young people with a quality program. By using this recognition program we hope that you will proudly wear your achievement and encourage other leaders to do the same.
Download the official versions of the training award Progress Records:
Processed through District Training Chair:
Processed through District Commissioner: