(Scouts Helping At Camp)
Unit Work Weekends at Camp
SHAC Corps is an opportunity for troops and crews to give back to camp in the form of a day of service. The Order of the Arrow is leading this opportunity, but this service project is open to all Boy Scouts and Venturers. All you have to bring is your personal camp gear. Camp is providing the food and a special Patch that will only be available to those who provide service. Service projects will include creating new campsites and clearing new programs areas for activities. Letters will be given to youth who need school service hours.
This is a FREE event and Units or individualls can find information for these events by going to the OA Website at www.Colonneh.org.
What To Bring:
- work clothes (jeans, boots)
- work gloves
- personal camping gear (tent, sleeping bag)
- sunscreen, water bottle
- personal items
- snacks (optional)
- Annual Health & Medical Form for each participant
- Friday night: check-in 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm and campsite set up.
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – service to camp; 6:00 pm – dinner, evening program, movie.
- Sunday: 9:00 am - interfaith service and check-out
Notes: Unit Leaders: Please report attendance counts by the registration deadline. Food is ordered based on these numbers. Accurate attendance counts are needed for sufficient food ordering, but we do not want to waste food either. Also, if you have adults with specialized skills (e.g., electrician, mechanic, plumber), please let Tami know.